There are numerous conferences targeted the offshore wind industry. Many of these conferences offer excellent opportunities for the industry to stay up-to-date with the most recent development. It is however often during the coffee breaks that the real value-creating processes takes place in form networking and first contacts to potential business partners. With OWIB we offer you a concept where these valuable networking opportunities are put in focus. We acknowledge the high pace in the industry and the tight calendars of people involved. To maximize efficiency we offer an effective event, where you over the course of two days will have the opportunity to meet and network with the exact businesses you wish in an organized and professional manner as well as getting the latest knowledge needed to improve that chance for success of your business in the growing offshore wind supply chain.
Download the Pre-invitation for OWIB 2014 below:
The idea behind OWIB
Nurturing and expanding your network has become an essential discipline for running a successful business. Traditional network opportunities like trade fairs are far from ideal forums for this, since time is often wasted trying to locate the people you want to talk with. With OWIB we offer organized frames for short personal meetings between you and businesses you find interesting. In addition we offer a high level conference with presentations from key speakers in the industry. The idea behind OWIB is thus two folded:
- To give you opportunity to meet and network with the exact businesses/people you wish during pre-arranged B2B meetings. The philosophy behind these meetings is to bring together businesses for a first introduction meeting. Meetings last 15 minutes during which it is quite easy to determine if there might be a basis for cooperation. Should that not be the case, all you have wasted is 15 minutes.
- To provide you with the latest knowledge about the offshore wind industry in form of presentations from key speakers from the international offshore wind industry.
OWIB is visited by businesses from all levels in the supply chain. Developers, turbine manufactures, engineering companies, construction, installation and service companies etc. Participants are primarily from Europe with some participation expected from other regions as well.
Time and location
OWIB takes place in the Danish offshore city Esbjerg every autumn.
The next OWIB will take place September 3-4 2014.
- Dedicated towards networking
Hundreds of pre-arranged meetings take place during the 1-day event
- A unique chance to meet new contacts
The entire supply chain is represented and willing to meet with your company
- An easy way for new orders to your company
Previous events have resulted in new contracts
- An opportunity to reconnect with old contacts
Use the day to stay in touch up with old contact
- A forum to stay up-to-date with the latest development in the industry, through presentations from key offshore wind people
Special conditions at OWIB B2B meetings:
Each participant at OWIB can prearrange a maximum of 17 meetings of 15 minutes length. Meeting requests are set forth based on participant list which is circulated one month prior to the event. Meeting seats are distributed at a first come first served basis. Participants at OWIB are obliged to attend meetings requested with them by other participants. Unless otherwise agreed, businesses participating with more than 1 participant are expected to take separate meetings if there are more than 17 meeting requests for them.
About the organizer
OWIB is 100% initiated and owned by the official national innovation and knowledge network Offshoreenergy.dk (previously Offshore Center Danmark). The network operate at a non-profit basis and was put in the world to support the offshore industry. That is your guarantee for our ambitions with OWIB. In other words: We coordinate OWIB to help the offshore industry; not to generate profit.
OWIB 2013 is coordinated in cooperation with the Danish Wind Industry Association and Esbjerg Business Development, who are responsible for OWIB Conference, while Offshoreenergy.dk is responsible for OWIB B2B.